Friday, May 25, 2012

Time Flys... 6 months already?!

Wow! It has been almost 7 months since I have posted anything on this page. Been a little busy to say the least... like having a baby and being a new mommy. What a journey it has been. Also Google changed up the format for this blog, and I kinda like it. I also did a little facelift on my blog and I like it! Plus its spring so that might have influenced my choice as well. My little girl is over 6 months old. She is one of the greatest gifts in my life. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17 Little miss Hannah Noel Ferguson was born November 14, 2011 at 10:21am at 8 lbs and 20 inches long. It was quite the journey. I need to remind myself to write down my birth story one day before I forget things... as I just read in "The Female Brain" that babies really do shrink our brains and all the hormones have an impact on our memory and cognitive thinking... no wonder.

I am sitting on the couch in our home. Scott just got back from Ultimate frisbee, its late at night. I gave him a hair cut before he showered, I was slacking as he joked he was starting to grow a mullet. Hannah is bundled next to me on the couch. Lately she hasn't done well when I lay her in her pack n' play or even on our bed to sleep. She likes to be held. Last night was really a hard night. Don't know if it was the Indian food we had earlier that evening or what but she was not having a good time. I got really frustrated a couple of times and let Scott take over to hold and walk around with her bc even nursing wasn't working and that is something that is the answer for anything and everything. Finally she feel asleep in Scott's arms and we went to bed. But through out the night she would wake up crying loudly and she had some good poops, one at 4am and the other at 6am, that one she blew out all over the bed. So there we were changing sheets and putting everything in the wash at 6am in the morning... ah parenthood. :) Both Hannah and I then feel asleep for 3.5 hrs and when I woke up it was time to get ready as I had a webinar for work I had to attend and my awesome mother-in-law was coming over in 10 mins to watch Hannah on her 60th birthday, of course she didn't mind. It's been nice to have my mother-in-law close. This week she has been able to watch Hannah 2x. We had a staff retreat all day on Monday and then I had a training today. Scott's work schedule can be flexible but it is such a blessing for us to have at least one side of the family close. I would and will always prefer to have immediate family watch Hannah, glad we have that option. Just thanking the Lord He provided a job close for Scott's dad to work, that was an answer to an over 2 year prayer. With my side of the family ever since Hannah has been born we have seen my folks pretty much every month. I love it! I love seeing their joy and love for Hannah. It's such a blessing to see the delight they find in her. Hannah has such bright eyes and a wonderful personality which is revealing itself daily.

 I love my little girl... I love that the Lord gave me a girl. I remember praying for a girl when I was in Uganda. One of our professors shared about him and his wife specifically asking for a girl, they were from India, where girl babies are not desired. He discussed about being specific with all types of prayer... even asking the Lord for your desires. After this, I thought, why not start praying and asking the Lord for my future children? So I started praying for a girl. With her name, it's funny bc even when Scott and I were dating when we started to talk about marriage and having kids we went over a list of names... not boys names, girl names. Hannah was the only name that stuck. She we always would refer to our little Hannah; that she would enter our lives eventually. One time I had a scare that I was pregnant, I peed on a stick, we prayed and Scott said. - well if Hannah is coming into our lives now I'm ready. He would always refer to our first baby as Hannah.... and look what we have now!? :) Our sweet baby Hannah, and what a beauty she is. I stare at her pretty much all day, I swear. I love looking at this girl and try to take in every detail of her face and smile. She is imprinted in my mind and my heart. Like A.A. Milne states, it's amazing how something so small takes up all the room in your heart. Couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment